The Woodman closed its doors just a few days after the Olympic torch passed by at the end of July. Since then it has been open for the odd evening to run down stock, while negotiations continue with the brewery, Marstons.
The Woodman is the oldest pub continuously occupying the same building in Palmers Green, and began life in 1727 as a pair of cottages. It has been a pub since 1868. There is more on the history of our pubs, old, new, and now lost, at http://www.palmersgreenn13.com/places-2/inns-and-pubs/