Now the site of a block of flats, St George’s stood on the corner of Fox Lane and St George’s Road and was built on the site of Fir Tree Cottage, which had been demolished in 1912. Building began in 1913, and a church hall followed in 1927. St George’s was demolished in the 1980s following the national merger between the Presbyterian and Congregational Churches to create the United Reformed Church. As in many areas, this created a surplus of churches, and one had to go.
Dont miss out! Subscribe to the Palmers Green Jewel blog via Email
Search this site