Eaton Farm, ‘with old barns roofed with antique mossy tiles’ according to Henrietta Cresswell, is still commemorated in Eaton Park Road and the nineteenth century Eaton Villa. Dumayne notes that the farm buildings had already gone by the time of the 1867 Ordnance survey map but were broadly where the car wash now stands on the corner of Green Lanes and Hoppers Road. The farm estate encompassed the present day sites of Lytton Avenue, and Eaton Park, Meadowcroft , Avondale and Stonard Roads. The land was occupied by travellers before development began in the 1890s.
Dont miss out! Subscribe to the Palmers Green Jewel blog via Email
Search this site