Sold by Taylor in 1902, the Old Park estate was some 130 acres. The huge plot (lot 1 in the sale of 1902) was purchased by the British Land Company for £45,000 and sold on to developers in parcels of land.
On the Corner of Old Park Road until the Second World War was Old Park House, which stood at the bottom of the carriage drive leading to Grovelands Park. According to Dumayne, it was built for the Dowcra family in 1833. The last occupant was Thomas Melville who served for many years on Southgate District Council and was active in setting up the Presbyterian Church in Fox Lane. We also have Melville to thank for the yacht pond in Broomfield Park, known jokingly for a while as Loch Melville.